November 30th, 2020 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the November 30th, 2020 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. Lately, these posts have encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Black Beauty Bra in View B sans power bar by Emerald Erin.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Clio’s Pastel Leather Lingerie Set is so gorgeous! You can see process photos of making the bra on the Bernina Blog and you see process photos of making the panties on Clio’s Blog.
- I love watching making of videos. Follow along as Amanda sews up a Bustier Style Corset.
- Sofie’s first ever bra make is amazing–and so is her bra making story!
- Mel’s lace Black Beauty Bra is soooo pretty.
Tips & Tutorials
- Liz has a How to Draft Front Closure Bra video tutorial.
- Nikki demonstrates Sewing up Foam Cups. For me, this is one of the most satisfying steps in Bra Making.
- Yelena shows How to Design Your Lace Placement for the Barbary Bralette.
- Laurie’s recent post covers How to Shorten Bra Straps on Already Made Bras.
- Zdenka is on a roll with tutorials! Her latest tutorial covers How to Make Removable Padding for Your Bralette.
News & Events
New Available: Lingerie Fabrics & Trims Swatch Journals
I’m so excited to present these Lingerie Fabrics & Trims Swatch Journals, available in two colorways!
I developed this as a handy tool for recording your lingerie fabrics and trims–so you know how much of each fabric or trim you have on hand and where you sourced it. There’s also room to record fabric content, price, and a place for notes.
I’m not planning on carrying inventory so I self-published them through Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing program. That means you can order a copy and Amazon will print and put one together for you! What’s really cool about this is that you can order this book on amazon.it or amazon.ca or amazon.co.jp depending on where you are located! This will allow you to order and get the book printed and shipped more locally to save on postage costs! 🙌
You can learn more about the swatch journals and ordering them here.
New Underwear Pattern: Silvena Boyshorts
Primrose Dawn Design has a new underwear pattern out in the form of the Silvena Boyshorts. As per the pattern designer:
With the Silvena Boyshort, you can create sexy lace boyshorts with any width of stretch lace trim. Silvena can be made with only lace or a combination of lace and knit fabric, to create your desired rise length.
You can purchase the Silvena Boyshorts Pattern here.
New Bra Pattern: Sew Comfy Bra
Make Bra just released their Sew Comfy Bra pattern. As per the pattern designer:
The Sew Comfy Bra is a full coverage style underwire bra, engineered to be smoothing and natural. The cup’s design brings out a beautiful, round and forward-facing shape.
You can purchase the Sew Comfy Bra Pattern here.
Size Expansion: Lanai Wireless Pattern Available in A-DD
The Lanai Wireless Bra Pattern is now available in A-DD (in addition to DD-GG).
You can get the Lanai Wireless Bra Pattern in A-DD here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!