Welcome to the November 15th, 2020 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. Lately, these posts have encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Harriet Bra by Cloth Habit.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- These colorful Mara Bralettes that Susan made are simply delightful.
- Kendal hand sewed her own underwear. What an amazing project.
- I love this pattern mash up that Angela did: she combined the Watson Bra with the new Madalynne Lawren bodysuit. This is the result.
Tips & Tutorials
- Check out Karu’s nifty and handy guide on Sewing Bras.
- Muna and Broad made a post covering the differences between their Kapunda Undies and original Waratah Undies and Period Undies.
- Liz breaks down the design and sewing process of her gorgeous Cotton Candy Bra make.
- Stephanie did a review of the Bra Makers Supply Ruby Bra.
- Nikki demonstrates How to Create a Gothic Arch.
- Anastasia has a video sew-along for her Lucy One-Piece Swimsuit Pattern. Here’s part one of the sew-along.
- Zdenka breaks down What Makes a Good Fitting Bralette.
News & Events
New Underwear Pattern: Kapunda Undies
Muna and Broad just released their second underwear pattern! As per the pattern designer:
The Kapunda Undies [pronounced like Cap-unde (as in undah-niable)] are super high-rise undies designed specifically to fit large bodies.
They feature a fully enclosed gusset, full coverage, and an easy and comfortable elastic application. View B has a side panel and is perfect for colour-blocking or scrap-busting and View C features an elastic lace finish.
You can purchase the Kapunda Undies Pattern here.
Size Expansion: Additional Sizes Available for the AFI Exquisite Bra
AFI Atelier has made the Exquisite Bra available in additional sizes. The pattern now comes in sizes 38-48 A-E and 38-48 E-I.
I’ve actually sewn up this pattern recently and it’s a great pattern!
You can purchase the AFI Exquisite Bra in sizes 38-48 A-E here.
You can purchase the AFI Exquisite Bra in sizes 38-48 E-I here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!