Welcome to the October 31st, 2020 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. Lately, these posts have encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Adrian Bra by QofSPatternCompany.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Lauren’s cotton jersey knit soft bra and undie set looks so comfy!
- I’m loving all these Kaye Tops that Beth made.
- Need a distraction from doom scrolling? Check out this roundup of pretty underthings Karen made.
- With Wendy’s first go at bra making went quite well, methinks.
- These printed sports bra tops that Susan made are so much fun.
Tips & Tutorials
- Helen’s Ribbon Rose tutorial is clutch if you want to try making your own decorative roses for lingerie sewing.
- Liz demonstrates How to Convert to a Partial Band Bra.
- Love to Sew Podcast covers all sorts of elastics in sewing, including lingerie and swimwear elastics.
- Lily shares Tips to Achieving Separation in a Wireless Bra.
- Laurie explains: Is a 32FF the same as 34F?
News & Events
Size Expansion: Larger Cup Sizes Available for the AFI Exquisite Bra
The AFI Exquisite Bra is now available in larger cup sizes. The initial release was available for sizes 28-38 A-E. This new size expansion now includes sizes 28–38 E-I.
You can purchase the AFI Exquisite Bra Pattern in sizes 28-38 E-I here.
New Bra Pattern: Lanai Wireless Bra
LilypaDesigns released their Lanai Wireless Bra Pattern. As per the pattern designer:
The Lanai Wireless is a non-stretch bra pattern with separation and support in 50+ sizes! Includes instructions for optional internal sling, cross cradle, lace strap and common alterations.
The view with the crossover bridge is quite interesting to me.
You can purchase the Lanai Wireless Bra Pattern here.
New Garter Belt Pattern: Corbeau
We have a double pattern release from Small Bobbins. First up is the Corbeau Garter Belt. As per the designer:
Corbeau is an easy-to-sew garter belt with a big impact. Our signature geometric style is apparent with crossover panels on the front and back. The belt gives moderate coverage on the waist and follows the gentle curve around the sides of your hips, leading into four points to attach garter clips, if desired.
You can purchase the Corbeau Garter Belt pattern here.
New Pattern: Courlis Stockings
What a fun concept! Who knew you could sew your own stockings? As per the pattern designer:
The Courlis Stockings pattern is a vintage-style seamed stocking that comes in two heights: thigh-high or knee-high. Versatile and easy to sew, make a pair of Courlis to elevate your me-made lingerie sets, or accessorize your Fall and Winter outfits with a fun pair of knee socks.
You can purchase the Courlis Stockings pattern here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!