June 30th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the June 30th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Tany sewed up a gorgeous green duoplex/black swiss dot tulle Fenway Bra. Her post also includes many work-in-progress photos to help you with your Fenway Bra makes!
- Karu made a lovely summery bralette with foam cups for her sister. Check out her make here!
- What a fun color combo! Alexandra made a pistachio/pink Marlborough Bra.
Tips & Tutorials
- Mandy wrote a blog post on making tester bras, the importance of them and how to sew them so you can quickly unpick them for parts.
News & Events
Craftsy Class Sale – All Classes Under $20!
Craftsy is running a July 4th promotion! All Craftsy classes are under $20. The offer expires Tuesday July 4th, 2017 11:59PM Mountain Time. This is a good time to pick up Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making Making Classes if you’ve been thinking about learning how to sew your own bras. Still waffling over whether or not you should start bra making? Here are 10 reasons why you should start bra making today.
- Ready to tackle your first bra? Then sign up for Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit course!
- If you’ve made a couple of bras and you’re ready to expand your bra making sewing skill set, then I recommend the following classes: Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques and Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace, & Beyond.
- If you are completely new to lingerie sewing and want to start with something basic, I would recommend Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Panties: Construction & Fit course.
Note: I want to point out that I actually paid full price for all of Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making courses and I think they are worth every penny and more. I constantly refer back to the material and learn something new all the time!
Think it’s too hot to be sewing bras and you rather be in the pool or at the beach? Then consider taking Beverly Johnson’s Swimsuit Class. I purchased this class last year and learned a lot about sewing swimwear. I made a pair of swim bottoms and then stopped because there wasn’t a bra pattern that I wanted to turn into swimwear. This year, making swimwear is on my to-do list for the summer so I will be revisiting Beverly Johnson’s Swimsuit Class!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!