January 31st, 2021 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the January 31st, 2021 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. These posts will encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. The roundup is posted twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of every month.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your video, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the AFI Exquisite Bra by AFI Atelier.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Sage sewed up a super cute 1950s style swimsuit using a Simplicity pattern.
- Shannon shared a video of her making her first ever bra: a strawberry print bralette.
- Check out this roundup of knickers that Mercedes made as part of her knickers sewing mini series. The post also includes a few recommendations for free underwear sewing patterns.
- Zdenka did a pattern review of the Small Bobbins Hibou Bodysuit.
Tips & Tutorials
- Liz walks you through how she fits the Fenway Bra to herself.
- Katie demonstrates How to Use an Elastic Foot for Swimwear.
- Bettina covers different stitches and needles used for sewing lingerie.
- Melly shares How to Sew Elastic Lace Trim.
- Étoffe Malicieuse has a video series on sewing scalloped elastic. Part two of the series can be found here.
News & Events
New Swim Pattern: Hudson Top
Edgewater Ave just released their first ever underwire swim top pattern! The wide straps and tie back are cute.
You can purchase the Hudson Top pattern here.
There is a video tutorial on sewing up the Hudson Top here.
New Underwear Pattern: Peachy Undies
Cool Stitches (a new-to-me pattern company) also has a recent pattern release in the form of their Peachy Undies Pattern. This is a high leg underwear style with a mid or high rise option. This pattern is technically free, but you have the option of naming your price.
You can get the Peachy Undies pattern here.
New Swim Pattern: Olive Top
We also have a few pattern releases from Bikini Design Club. One of their release is the Olive Bikini Top. According to the pattern company:
Bikini pattern top Olive is a bandeau top but we also suggest you using it with a strap over the neck if you like. You can also insert Padding!
It’s a non reversible top but we sewed it both ways so you could see the difference.
Includes 2 back pattern pieces, one for you to include a clasp and other for straps channel.
You can purchase the Olive Top Pattern here.
There is a video tutorial on sewing the Olive Top pattern here.
New Swim Pattern: Mith Swimsuit
The other pattern release by Bikini Design Club is the Mith Swimsuit. According to the pattern company:
Mith is a swimsuit pattern with a low back V shape.
The center back seam is scrunched so it even gives the V shape more effect.
With this low back and no straps crossing to help keep everything in place, it’s important to keep this as it is: a Non reversible pattern.
Side darts makes this pattern fit you very nicely.
The back is cheeky!
You can purchase the Mith Swimsuit pattern here.
There is a video tutorial on sewing the Mith Swimsuit here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!