January 15th, 2021 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the January 15th, 2021 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. These posts will encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. The roundup is posted twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of every month.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your video, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features a self-drafted balconette bralette using embroidered tulle lace.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- I really like Michelle’s fun floral cotton jersey Jessica Bra.
- All of Andie’s Banksia Bralette and Waratah Undies makes are just fab!
- Jess’ Kapunda Undies makes are simply stunning! I love the version with the flocked geometric mesh panels.
Tips & Tutorials
- Katie shared updated Swimwear Sewing Tips over at her YouTube channel.
- Norma breaks down Why Bra Sizing is Complicated.
- Ready to start sewing your own lingerie? Check out Zdenka’s How to Start Sewing Your Own Lingerie series – Part One.
- Laurie answers your questions about grading bras and briefs.
- This month, Jennifer is hosting a sew-along for her Christina Sports Bra pattern. You can find the first video of the sew-along series here.
News & Events
New Swim Pattern: Marina One Piece
Edgewater Ave just released a one-piece swimsuit pattern: the Marina One Piece. As per the pattern designer:
The Marina One Piece is an asymmetric, one-shoulder swimsuit that is ultra high on the hips and super sexy. [It] comes with 3 different coverage options- thong, cheeky, and full coverage
You can purchase the Marina One Piece Pattern here.
There is also a video tutorial on sewing the Marina One Piece available here.
New Activewear Pattern: Sundial Leggings
New Leggings pattern alert! Greenstyle Creations recently came out with the Sundial Leggings pattern, which features three waistband options. The crossover waistband is probably my favorite! You can choose from capri and full length when making the pattern.
You can purchase the Sundial Leggings Pattern here.
Their pattern testers made SO many variations of this pattern during the pattern testing phase and you can see them all here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!