Welcome to the February 1st, 2019 Edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This week’s roundup image features the Esme Panties Pattern.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- This lacy Boylston Bra that Tasia made is STUNNING!
- Valeria did a mini review of the free Madalynne Intimates Barrett Bralette on her Instagram page here.
- This is the lovely Maya Bra that resulted from the sew-along that Ana hosted! Did you partake in this sew-along?
Tips & Tutorials
- Laurie shared a tutorial on What Tension To Use When Applying Elastic On Bras & Briefs. This one is quite useful if you’re a beginner at sewing lingerie!
- Made for Mermaids has been busy! They just put up several video tutorials on sewing lingerie elastic. They cover sewing foldover elastic here. They cover sewing picot elastic here. And they cover how to sew elastic flat on lingerie here.
News & Events
Made for Mermaids just released the Lana Bra Pattern, a soft wireless bra for everyday wear. It fits under bust of 28″-42″ and cup sizes A-G. There is also a nursing bra option!
You can purchase the Lana Bra Pattern here.
Made for Mermaids also just released the Greta Thong pattern and you can choose to make it in the low, mid, or high rise option!
You can purchase the Greta Thong pattern here.
There will actually be a sew-along for both new patterns on their Facebook page! The sew-along starts on February 4th.
You can also learn more about both patterns here. Colleen of Made for Mermaids put together a very detailed FAQ on both patterns.
That’s it for this week! Have a great weekend everyone.