March 10th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the March 10th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Tutorials
From this week:
- I wrote a pattern review for Evie la Luve’s Frankie Panties pattern. I also made five variations of the Frankie Panties. Check out the pattern review and the Frankie Panties makes here.
- Tasha shared her sewing adventures in retro bra making. (Spoiler alert: she ends up with a gorgeous blush colored bra at the end!)
- Norma shares Four Tips for Making a Hook and Eye Closure.
News & Events
- Erin is hosting a Sew Panty Party for the month of March! Have you been putting all your energy into sewing bras, but no matching bottoms? Well Erin is hoping to inspire you to sew some panties for the month of March by sharing her favorite panties making resources.
- Craftsy is running a class sale from now through Monday March 13th, 2017 11:59PM MT. All classes are under $20. If you’ve been meaning to get started in lingerie making, now is a good time to stock up on the following classes:
If you are new to lingerie sewing and want to start with something basic, I would recommend Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Panties: Construction & Fit course.
Ready to tackle your first underwire bra? Then sign up for Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit course!
If you’ve made a couple of bras and you’re ready to expand your lingerie sewing skill set, then I recommend the following classes:
Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques by Beverly Johnson
Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace, & Beyond by Beverly Johnson
(Note: Clicking on the Craftsy links and purchasing a class will result in a small commission for me. Thank you for your support. <3 This promotion ends on March 13th. I also want to point out that I actually paid full price for all of Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making courses and I think they are worth every penny and more. I constantly refer back to the material and learn something new all the time!)
That’s it for this week! Have a great weekend everyone!