Hello! It’s been a while, but welcome to the September 15th, 2020 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. Lately, these posts have encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Black Beauty Bra by Emerald Erin.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- The editors of the Sewcialists Blog tackled bra sewing during their All Chests Welcome themed month! Check out their bra projects here.
- I love this printed Barrett Bralette & Noelle Panties set that Karen made!
- Melanie perfected the fit of the Black Beauty Bra and here is the result.
Tips & Tutorials
- Liz shows you how to convert an underwear block pattern to a swim bottom.
- Cassie has a longline pattern hack for her newly released Delvine Bralette pattern.
- The Love to Sew Podcast discusses sewing undies in Episode 162!
- Liz (a different Liz!) demonstrates how to sew underwear without elastic.
- Threads Magazine did a lingerie patterns roundup here.
News & Events
New Lingerie Pattern: Forme Bralette
Bratobe just released their first ever pattern, the Forme Bralette. The value proposition of this company is quite interesting: when you buy the pattern, you will receive a copy that it is drafted according to your measurements! Which means every pattern is unique to the individual who purchases it.
As per the pattern designer:
- Custom-fit. The pattern will be made to fit your unique measurements. There is no size range, I can work with any underbust measurement. The pattern is tested until the G cup, or when your underbust is about 7inch smaller than your full bust. If you are above a G cup, send me an email for the testing opportunity.
- Support. Specially developed design to provide support even for larger sizes.
- No monoboob! The pattern was designed to provide separation.
- Comfort. It is a soft bra with no wires.
- Asymmetry is normal. I will draft a pattern for each of your breasts with no additional fee!
- One free change to the pattern. If it doesn´t fit like a glove the first time around, we will discuss problems and I will send you a new updated pattern. I will not let you down!
- Beginner friendly project. You will receive detailed instructions with photos, sewing tips, and how to troubleshoot and solve the most common problems.
You can purchase the Forme Soft Bralette here.
New Swim Pattern: Logan One Piece
Edgewater Ave has a new one-piece swimsuit pattern in the form of the Logan One Piece. The style features a deep V-cut in the front and a low scoop back.
You can purchase the Logan One Piece Swimsuit Pattern here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!