May 5th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the May 5th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Regan made two bras inspired by the characters Tina and Queenie from the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. What a fun project!
- Kat sewed up a gorgeous self-drafted partial band bra in pink. I love the shape and style lines of that bra!
- Heather gives us the deets on her white lace Harriet Bra and also shares her thoughts on the Harriet Bra Pattern.
- Ginny made a matching blossom bralette and panties set for a friend. How awesome is that?
Tips & Tutorials
- I did a roundup of 10 Bra Making Blogs You Should be Reading.
- Don’t want to have to shorten or cut your underwires? Norma shows you how to eliminate cutting underwires.
Craftsy Class Sale – All Class Under $20
Have DIY plans this weekend? Craftsy has you covered. All Craftsy classes are under $20! The sale starts Friday May 5th at 12:01AM MST and ends on Sunday, May 7th at 11:59pm MST. This is a good time to pick up Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making Making Classes if you’ve been thinking about learning how to sew your own bras. Still waffling over whether or not you should start bra making? Here are 10 reasons why you should start bra making today.
- Ready to tackle your first bra? Then sign up for Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit course!
- If you’ve made a couple of bras and you’re ready to expand your bra making sewing skill set, then I recommend the following classes: Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques and Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace, & Beyond.
- If you are completely new to lingerie sewing and want to start with something basic, I would recommend Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Panties: Construction & Fit course.
Note: I want to point out that I actually paid full price for all of Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making courses and I think they are worth every penny and more. I constantly refer back to the material and learn something new all the time!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!