May 26th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the May 26th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Tammy made a beautiful off-white lace Shelly Bra using a Tailor Made Shop lace.
- Amanda constructed a front closing demi bra with a posture supportive racerback. How neat is that? Also this is a great example of why it’s awesome when you can sew your own bras–you can add functional details like the posture supportive racerback.
- Sarah started her bra making journey off with two lovely Watson Bras! She also gives us the lowdown on her triumphs and struggles with sewing them.
Tips & Tutorials
- I have a tutorial for beginner bra makers or aspiring bra makers! I did a tutorial on How to Sew Adjustable Bra Straps and I also provided three common scenarios for where to attach them to the bra.
- Christine recounts her journey in bra making so far. If you are a beginner bra maker or an aspiring bra maker, her post is a must read! It’s very informative and encouraging.
News & Events
Happy 2nd Birthday to Tailor Made Shop!
Holy cow guys. I can’t believe my shop is turning two! Its official birthday is actually on June 2nd, but I’m starting the festivities early by offering 15% off your purchase starting today thru Sunday June 4th 11:59PM EST. Use promo code HAPPY2YRS to take 15% off.
You can use the promo code on www.tailormadeshop.com or on my Etsy shop.
Please note that gift cards and Orange Lingerie Bra Kits are excluded from this promo.
Thank you for an amazing two years!
New Panties Pattern Alert! Evie la Luve’s Maxine Suspender Panties.
Okay, I just love Hannah of Evie la Luve‘s latest patterns. They are so versatile and you get so many combinations in one pattern. As per Hannah,
The Maxine pantie pattern is a high waist pantie with a choice of three suspender belts that can either be sewn separately or incorporated into the panties. There is a total of 8 different ways to sew this pattern up whether thats just the high waist panties alone, a beautiful lace suspender belt detail incorporated into the panties or even just one of the suspender belts on its own.
You can purchase the Maxine Suspender Panties here.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!