March 15th, 2020 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the March 15th, 2020 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. Lately, these posts have encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Athena Sports Bra by Eclipse Lingerie Studio.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Lauren made a floral scuba Poppy Bralette. Also, isn’t her projector pattern cutting set up pretty neat?
- Anabelle has been busy sewing all the Black Beauty Bras this month! Check out all her makes here.
- Sophie tries out the newly released Trésor Bra pattern and walks us through her trial version of the pattern.
- Jessica pattern hacked the Poppy One Piece by Edgewater Ave by adding a Cross Back Detail.
- Abigail made a lovely floral Abigail Swimsuit–I’m loving all the floral print makes popping up lately.
- Can you believe this is Cath’s first foray into sewing swimwear? Check out both snazzy bikini sets that she sewed up.
Tips & Tutorials
- This is one of the coolest tutorials I’ve ever seen! Kat shows you how you can make a BOOB HAM! A tool for you to help press allll the bust curves of your sewing projects.
- The Lingerie Stitches Reference and the Project Plan are now available for download on my site. The Lingerie Stitches Reference is a handy reference sheet with which you can record your favorite/most used lingerie sewing stitches for all your sewing machines. The Project Plan helps you plan your next lingerie, swimwear, or activewear sewing project!
- Karu has a tutorial on How to Make Period Panties.
- The Fairy Bra Mother has a tutorial on How to Make Banded Panties.
- Yelena published a really nifty pattern comparison guide for all her panties pattern to help you figure out which styles suits you the best.
- Etoffe Malicieuse released these handy Project Sheets that you can use to plan your next lingerie sewing project. It comes with croquis that you can use to illustrate your projects.
- Caitlin is hosting a Swim Sew-Along in the Fabric Fairy’s Facebook group this month! Check out this post for the details.
News & Events
New Swim Pattern: Vega Bottoms
Edgewater Ave released the Vega Bottoms pattern–a cheeky thong coverage style that sits high on the hips.
You can purchase the Vega Swim Bottoms Pattern here.
That’s it for this roundup! I’ll be back on March 31st, 2020 with the next roundup. Thanks for reading!