What I Made: Pink Satin/Black Lace Harriet Bra
Hi guys, today’s post features Cloth Habit‘s new underwire bra pattern: the Harriet Bra. I actually made this bra on the day the pattern was released. Anyone who follows me on Instagram was privy to the work-in-progress photos of this bra via the “Stories” feature.
Harriet Bra Sizing
- This pattern comes in an incredible size range. It goes from 28A to 42H.
- Like the Watson Bra pattern, all the sister sizes’ cups of the Harriet Bra have the same pattern pieces. This means that 30D’s, 32C’s, 34B’s, and 36A’s cup pattern pieces are the same.
- The band sizing seems to be consistent with the Watson Bra. Friend who took a 30 band in the Watson Bra also took a 30 band in this style.
- The shape of the Harriet Bra appears to work best for those of us with round, full breasts. My friend who is a 30C and whose breasts are fuller at the bottom than at the upper bust found that she could not fill out the upper cups of this style.
My Thoughts On This Pattern
- I would say that the sewing difficulty is on par with the Marlborough Bra. An advanced beginner could probably make this pattern with some handholding.
- I love the style lines of this bra pattern! In fact, I have a couple of ideas on how to pattern hack this style. I have a variation with strappy details coming up and another with cut and sew foam. Stay tuned!
How about you? Have you tried the new Harriet Bra pattern? What are your thoughts on it?