February 10th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the February 10th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
From this week:
- To continue with the theme of romantic lingerie, I sewed up a Powder Pink/Ice Blue Triangle Bralette. You can view the project here.
- Jade made a gorgeous Marlborough Bra using a red/pink metallic lace from our shop.
- Jenny made a Black Marlborough Bra and she talks about her bra making journey.
- Novita talks about the differences between the new Cloth Habit Harriet Bra pattern and the Merckwaerdigh Wings Bra pattern. You can read her post here.
- Karu made an adorable Jasmine Bra using a viscose knit fabric with black lace accents.
- Sian made a beautiful Harriet Bra in 28GG (did I mention that this pattern has an awesome size range??).
News & Events
- The Fairy Bra Mother has a new Craftsy Class! In Sewing Shapewear: Smooth Silhouettes, you will learn to create an entire wardrobe of shapewear from one versatile pattern. Join intimate apparel sewer Beverly Johnson, aka your Fairy Bra-Mother, and gain the skills to sew a variety of popular shapewear styles for a sleek, smooth appearance under any garment.
- The Maker Style Podcast wrapped up Bra Making Month with an awesome podcast interview with Amy of Cloth Habit. Amy talked about some bra making trips, the origins of the Harriet Bra pattern, and the importance of critical thinking in bra making. You can listen to the interview here.
- Still waffling over whether you take up bra making? I shared 10 reasons why you should start bra making today.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!