February 28th, 2021 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the February 28th, 2021 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. These posts will encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. The roundup is posted twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of every month.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your video, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Black Beauty Bra in View A by Emerald Erin.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Sabrina made her first Black Beauty Bra in View A and shared her thoughts.
- Liz is doing an updated roundup of all her handmade lingerie pieces. Part One can be found here and Part Two (which features all the bras she’s made from the Black Beauty Bra Pattern) can be found here.
- Joanne made a super fun Switch It Up Bra. (This is a newly released pattern, more info below.)
Tips & Tutorials
- Clio has a tutorial on what to do with Stretched out Cups.
- Nikki demoed how she sewed up the free Ilana Bralette Pattern by Mood Fabrics.
- Katie answers most common questions about swimwear elastic and what to know before you sew.
- Sophie is doing a sew-along for the free Maya Bra pattern. You can find Part One here and Part Two here and Part Three here. (Please note the sew-along is in French.)
- Vanessa did a tutorial on How to Add a Zipper Front to the George + Ginger Switch It Up Bra.
- Laurie breaks down Different Types of Briefs.
News & Events
New Swim Pattern: Cynthia Bottoms
Love and Lace DIY just released the Cynthia Bottoms. As per the pattern designer:
High waisted and high leg, get ready to channel some serious 80s vibes in the Cynthia swim bottoms. Choose your preferred level of coverage from the included cheeky and classic cuts.
You can purchase the Cynthia Bottoms pattern here.
Now Available in English: Bridget Bra Pattern
The Bra and Bee Bridget Bra Pattern is now available in English through their Etsy shop. The pattern is separated in two size ranges, Small and Large.
You can purchase the Bridget Bra Pattern in the small size range here.
You can purchase the Bridget Bra Pattern in the large size range here.
New Swim Pattern: Layne Top
The Layne Top is a reversible rashguard pattern by Edgewater Ave.
You can purchase the Layne Top Pattern here.
There is a video tutorial for sewing up the Layne Top Pattern here.
New Bra Pattern: Switch It Up Bra
The Switch It Up Bra is an interesting pattern offering. According to the pattern company:
The Switch It Up Bras are all-in-one designs that are perfect for mixing and matching your favorite styles!
The Switch It Up Bra (Front Edition) is one basic, full coverage back with TEN different front options–all interchangeable and ready to be customized just for you—while The Switch It Up Bra (Back Edition) is one front with TEN different back options!
You can purchase the Switch It Up Bra – Front Edition Pattern here.
You can purchase the Switch It Up Bra – Back Edition Pattern here.
You can purchase the Switch It Up Bra – Front + Back Edition Bra Bundle Pattern here.
New Swim Pattern: Epic Swimsuit
Bikini Design Club also released the Epic Swimsuit Pattern. As per the pattern company:
Swimsuit pattern Epic is a very different wrap around swimsuit. It’s a perfect balance between sexy and comfort. The strap comes from the bottom back, crosses and hold the front and ends on the back neck.
You can purchase the Epic Swimsuit Pattern here.
You can find the video tutorial for sewing up the Epic Swimsuit Pattern here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!