February 16th 2018 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the February 16th, 2018 Edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Katie definitely satisfied her bra sewing craving with three new gorgeous Marlborough Bras!
- I adore this gorgeous blush Jordy Bralette and Tuesday Boyshort set that Allie made!
- Tonia sewed up a plethora of beautiful Valentine’s Day themed lingerie! Be sure to check them out here.
- Lisa made a couple of cute and fun Nixie Briefs this week. You can see her makes here.
- Melly put together a super helpful guide on Types of Elastics and When to Use Them.
- Kelly created a video tutorial on how to sew the free At First Blush Be Bashful Bikini pattern.
- The Fairy Bra Mother has a tutorial on how to make your own Peek-A-Boo Bra.
- I’m loving all the video tutorials that Liz has put together lately. Check out her latest one on sewing the Watson Bra.
There are TWO new pattern releases this week that I’m really excited to talk about. They are the Jordy Bralette and Tuesday Boyshort Patterns by Emerald Erin.
New Bra Pattern: Jordy Bralette
The Jordy Bralette is a classic triangle-bra style with a wide elastic band. There are three options available: you can make an all-fabric version, a lace overlay version and a foam lined version. I was a pattern tester for this pattern, so I ended up making quite a few of the foam lined versions. They were a huge hit with my friends.
You can purchase the pattern here.
New Underwear Pattern: Tuesday Boyshort
The Tuesday Boyshort is a cute underwear wardrobe staple. There are two views available: classic boyshort with a seam in the center front or the version with no front seam. I’m not a huge boyshort person, but the solid front view is quite cute and I made a couple for everyday wear.
You can purchase the Tuesday Boyshort pattern here.
Also, I wanted to add that Erin reached out to me to pattern test back in September of last year. This tells you that these patterns have been in the works for quite a while and she’s spent a long time tweaking, updating, and perfecting them. You can learn all about the patterns in Erin’s post here. She’s also filmed a gorgeous lookbook to go with the pattern launch, so be sure to check it out.
Bonus! Erin has put together kits for both her patterns and you can shop them here:
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone.