Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Tutorials
From this week:
- I shared the photos of my finished Peach Floral Charmeuse Marlborough Bra.
- I shared photos of three completed Marlborough Bras using the Orange Lingerie x Tailor Made Shop Charmeuse/Lace Kits here. These samples were sewn up by Norma of Orange Lingerie.
- Sarah a gorgeous printed Boylston Bra using crepe fabric.
- Katrina made a lovely Merkwaerdigh Push Up Bra using a print floral satin kit.
News & Events
- The Orange Lingerie x Tailor Made Shop bra kits pre-sale ends tonight! A small handful of kits are still available for purchase here!
- Speaking of Norma, she just released a new bra sewing pattern! The Esplanade Bra is the perfect strapless bra. The foam cups and boned long line band mean you get great support while the bra stays put! I think this pattern will become a favorite in the bra making community!
- It’s bra making month over at Maker Style! Rachel of Maker Style is running a lingerie making themed month over on her instagram, her blog, and her podcast. She has interviewed five wonderful ladies in the lingerie sewing space and the podcast episodes will cover a range of topics from finding lingerie sewing inspiration to answering your burning questions on how to get started in lingerie making and more. It’s a well curated event with tons of amazing content!
- As part of the bra making month, I have taken over Rachel’s instagram this week to talk about my favorite free underwear sewing patterns. It’s a new year and I’ve noticed that many makers have included lingerie making as part of their new year’s resolutions. Sewing lingerie does not have to be daunting–you don’t have to dive into an underwire bra as your first project. In fact, you can start with something simple like a pair of underwear. All the techniques you learn with sewing underwear can be applied towards more advanced lingerie projects. Head over to Rachel’s instagram to see the patterns!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!