DIY: Strappy Bralette in Off-White/Forest Green
As I make more and more bras for myself, I’m starting to see that I prefer bralettes to underwire bras. I used to think that my ideal bra is a no-fuss black T-shirt bra with a partial band design. I’ve since come to realize that I don’t fit a standard underwire size and I don’t really need the support that underwires provide. Instead, I’ve started indulging in sewing strappy bralette designs. This is another go at Jazz Ro’s free bralette pattern (found here).
So this iteration actually looks way better on the dress form than it does on me. There’s excess fullness and slight gaping at the front neckline when I wear this bralette. The previous iteration fits better, and it may have to do the fact that I did not trim the seam allowance before lining up the edges of the cups with the scallop edge of the lace so the finished cups are slightly bigger than the previous version’s.
Changes to the Next Iteration: Pinch out the front neckline slightly to prevent gaping. Reduce fullness of princess seams slightly.
Most of the materials used for this bralette are remanent trims/notions/fabrics from my personal stash.