Welcome to the May 12th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
Projects & Makes
- Hannah posted a video of her April makes! Everything is drool-worthy.
- I love seeing first time bra makes! @thescientifichome made a gorgeous Marlborough Bra using an Orange Lingerie x Tailor Made Shop bra kit.
- Novita whipped up a neon orange sports bra hours before she had to go to the gym. Isn’t bra making such a handy skill to have?
- Ginny made a lovely floral charmeuse Fenway Bra for a friend. Where do I sign up to be Ginny’s friend? 🙂
Tips & Tutorials
- Norma shared a tutorial on How to Make Foam Cups for the Fenway Bra.
Craftsy Class Sale – Any Class for $19.99 Using Code MYTREAT
Craftsy is running a Mother’s Day promotion! Get any one Craftsy class for $19.99 with promo code MYTREAT! The offer expires Sunday May 14, 2017 11:59PM Mountain Time. This is a good time to pick up Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making Making Classes if you’ve been thinking about learning how to sew your own bras. Still waffling over whether or not you should start bra making? Here are 10 reasons why you should start bra making today.
- Ready to tackle your first bra? Then sign up for Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit course!
- If you’ve made a couple of bras and you’re ready to expand your bra making sewing skill set, then I recommend the following classes: Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques and Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace, & Beyond.
- If you are completely new to lingerie sewing and want to start with something basic, I would recommend Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Panties: Construction & Fit course.
Note: I want to point out that I actually paid full price for all of Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making courses and I think they are worth every penny and more. I constantly refer back to the material and learn something new all the time!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!