January 11th 2019 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the January 11th, 2019 Edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Cassie made her first ever bra–a lovely lace Watson!
- Another Watson Bra make! Tasia sewed up a gorgeous olive Watson Bra. You can see her make here.
Tips & Tutorials
- Ana is hosting a sew-along for the free Maya Bra pattern by AFI. This week is all about cutting out the pattern. Check out the post here.
- Another sew-along! Nellie Joans is hosting a swimwear sewalong this month so be sure to follow along if you are interested in sewing a few swim pieces for yourself. For this week, I recommend checking out her tutorial on modifying the Boylston Bra and the Ava Panties Patterns so they can be made into swimwear.
- Jennifer has a tutorial on using stretch lace with her Badass Bralette Pattern.
News & Events
New Underwire Bra Pattern: Zazie Bra
Zazie Patterns just released the Zazie Underwired Bra in the small size range. Please note that the pattern is in Hungarian! The English version is in the works and a larger size range will be released eventually as well. This pattern features a 3-piece cup and comes in 3 views!
You can purchase the Zazie Bra Pattern here. (small size range only)
New Sports Bra Pattern: Laurel Sports Bra
Another pattern release this week! Porcelynne Supplies just released the Laurel Sports Bra Pattern, which features an incredible size range. The pattern goes from 28A to 52N, for a total of 182 sizes! You can learn more about the bra pattern here–you can also see examples of the bra on pattern testers.
You can purchase the Laurel Sports Bra Pattern here.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!