February 3rd 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the February 3rd, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
From this week:
- In the spirit of Valentine’s, I sewed up two romantic balconette bralettes for myself. You can view photos and read about them here.
- Sarah has been busy this week! She made a liberty print Boylston Bra and a lacy Watson Bra.
- Ginny from @ginpins made this super fun jungle/animal print bra and underwear set.
- Heather has already whipped up a Harriet Bra, a newly released bra pattern. You can view her sexy sheer number here.
- Constanze from @cnstrbns made a gorgeous black lace Boylston Bra.
News & Events
- Amy from Cloth Habit released her new pattern, the Harriet Bra! This pattern comes in a large size range: 28A to 42H! The best part is that 100% of the profits from this pattern will be given to charity that supports housing and job needs of Syrian refugees. You can learn more about the pattern and the inspiration behind it here.
- Rachel from Maker Style and I have teamed up for a giveaway! We are giving away a Bra & Underwear Kit as part of Maker Style’s Bra Making Month. You can learn more about the giveaway on Rachel’s Instagram. The giveaway ends on February 6th, 2017. Good luck.
- Speaking of giveaways, PFAFF and Madalynne have a sweet treat you! For Valentine’s Day, PFAFF will be gifting 1 ticket to a bra making workshop with Madalynne. Read and learn more about the giveaway on Madalynne’s instagram.
- Hannah of Evie la Luve just released a video tutorial on how to pattern hack the gorgeous Esme Panties pattern. Take a look at the video to see how she adds narrow elastic lace trim to the style and hopefully it also gives you tons of inspo for your other underwear projects!
Phew, there is so much going on every week in the lingerie sewing community! Have a great weekend everyone!
February 3, 2017 at 5:32 PM
Aw, thanks for the mention Ying! I’m loving your roundups because there’s always at least one maker/bra that’s new to me, and I do so love looking at everyone’s inspiring undie makes!
Definitely going to give the Esme hack a go soon!
February 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Thanks Ginny! Can’t wait to see you do the Esme hack!
February 6, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Are you making the donation to Syrian refugee settlement or the designer of the bra. I want to buy this pattern, and want to support the effort. Thanks!
February 6, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Hi Rita, The pattern designer is. I’m not selling the pattern. I’ve linked to her site so you can purchase the pattern there and support her lovely cause. Hope that helps!