April 15th, 2021 Edition // Lingerie Sewing Roundup
Welcome to the April 15th, 2021 Edition of Lingerie Sewing Round Up!
If you are new around here, the Lingerie Sewing Roundup is a curation of a few projects, tips and tutorials, and ongoing events in the lingerie sewing community. These posts will encompass swimwear sewing and activewear sewing as well. It’s a quick catch up up for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. The roundup is posted twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of every month.
If you want to be part of the lingerie sewing roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your video, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
The roundup image features the Darcey Bra by Evie la Luve.
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- In this video, Nateida shares lessons learned from her first attempt at making the Ingrid Bra.
- Cara talks about her experience making the Greenstyle Creations Power Sports Bra.
- Check out part one of Sherry’s video on her Shelley Bra make.
Tips & Tutorials
- Liz has a video tutorial on altering your bra patterns for a Lace Upper Cup.
- Yelena put together a Period Pants FAQ.
- Rumana wrote a blog post on How to Make Reusable Period Underwear for the Spoonflower Blog.
- Carmen demonstrates How to Sew Binding on Swimwear.
- Cassie shows you How to Blend Sizes for Panty Patterns in this blog post.
- Seamwork has put together A Guide to Loungewear Fabrics and Patterns.
- Here is part three of Edgewater Ave’s All About Swimwear Elastic Series. This part deals with Troubleshooting.
- There is now a video tutorial on How to Sew the Reversible -Peek-a-boo- Bikini Top Pattern. There is also a video tutorial on sewing the matching bottoms here.
News & Events
New Swim Pattern: Lucky Top
Bikini Design Club has released another swim pattern in the form of the Lucky Top. As per the pattern company:
Bikini pattern top Lucky is an amazing bikini top that can be used also as a top. Non reversible, this bikini pattern top has puff head short sleeves with gather on the lower edge of the sleeve.
You can sew it with a center ring on the front, with two straps and tie a know or whatever option you feel like creating.
You can purchase the Lucky Top Swim Pattern here.
That’s it for this roundup! Thanks for reading!