Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
From this week:
- I shared the photos of my finished Rose Charmeuse Boylston Bra.
- Heather made a floral Boylston Bra using Liberty Tana Lawn.
- @ecoutemacherie made this stunning Marlborough Bra using what appears to be alençon lace, simplex, and power mesh. Love the gothic arch!
- Jess of Tea, Dusty, & Stitches and her lovely friends Katie and Brooke are hosting a week long challenge called #knickerwithatwist. The ladies take an underwear pattern and adapt it five ways. You can learn more about the challenge here. I think this is a great way to get more mileage out of a basic panty pattern and learn new techniques along the way! And peaking of panties, I have a special collaboration coming up next week. Stay tuned!
- Erin of wrote a super nifty guide for when to use 15-denier tricot, bra tulle, and sheer cup lining. You can find the sheer guide here.
News & Events
- Norma of Orange Lingerie and I have teamed up to offer Orange Lingerie x Tailor Made Shop Bra Kits for the Marlborough Bra or the Boylston Bra. They are currently for pre-sale until January 27th. A few are still available for sale here.
Phew! It’s been a busy week in the lingerie making world. Have a great weekend everyone!!