April 7th 2017 Edition // Lingerie Sewing – Weekend Roundup
Welcome to the April 7th, 2017 edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post contains affiliate links.
Projects & Tutorials
From this week:
- I did a round up post of 25 Soft Bra Patterns to Get You Started in Bra Making.
- Rachel made a gorgeous Madalynne x Simplicity 8229 Underwire Bra using a Tailor Made Shop bra kit. Doesn’t she look stunning in her new bra?
- Ann made a lovely Madalynne x Simplicity 8228 Soft Bra in View B. I love how she added a red label for a pop of color!
News & Events
New Bra Pattern: The Fenway Bra
Orange Lingerie just released the Fenway Bra. This bra pattern features a partial band, a two-piece lower cup for round shaping, fold-ever elastic to finish the cups and upper edges of the bra and a design that looks amazing with contrast sheer upper cup. You can purchase the Fenway Bra here.
Craftsy Class Sale
The Spring SALE has sprung at Craftsy! All top classes are under $20.00. The sale starts Friday April 7th at 12:01AM MST and ends on Sunday, April 9th at 11:59pm MST. This is a good time to pick up Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making Making Classes if you’ve been thinking about learning how to sew your own bras. Still waffling over whether or not you should start bra making? Here are 10 reasons why you should start bra making today.
- Ready to tackle your first bra? Then sign up for Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Bras: Construction & Fit course!
- If you’ve made a couple of bras and you’re ready to expand your bra making sewing skill set, then I recommend the following classes: Sewing Bras: Designer Techniques and Sewing Bras: Foam, Lace, & Beyond.
- If you are completely new to lingerie sewing and want to start with something basic, I would recommend Beverly Johnson’s Sewing Panties: Construction & Fit course.
Note: I want to point out that I actually paid full price for all of Beverly Johnson’s Bra Making courses and I think they are worth every penny and more. I constantly refer back to the material and learn something new all the time!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!