Happy December guys! I’ve assembled a Holiday Gift Guide for those of us who are looking for gifts for fellow lingerie sewists or aspiring lingerie makers. This is a curated list of five items that will function as practical gifts.
1. 505 Adhesive Spray – This is a must in every lingerie sewist’s arsenal. The spray adhesive will help you tackle any tricky fabric you may encounter while sewing delicate lingerie. You can even use it to help you attach a bra hook and eye.
2. OLFA 28mm Rotary Cutter – Rotary cutters come in a variety of sizes. 18mm, 28mm, 45mm, etc. The 28mm is the perfect size for cutting into a variety of fabrics and the size is handy for getting into those pattern curves.
3. Gingher Duck Bill Scissors – These scissors have a multitude of functions: you can use them to grade a seam, trim a neckline, or reduce bulky seams. For lingerie sewing, you can use it for appliquéing and reducing bulk. The duck bill shape allows you to trim very closely to a seam.
4. Gingher 8 Inch Scissors – Yes you can do all of your lingerie cutting using a rotary cutter, but I love to do my cutting with fabric scissors. Even though lingerie pattern pieces are small and the fabrics are finicky, you can get very neat cutwork by following these tips and tricks. This pair of scissors cuts fabric like butter and is a good size and weight for most people.
5. Tailor Made Shop E-Gift Card – Not sure what specifically to get a lingerie making friend? You can gift them the flexibility of choice by getting them a Tailor Made Shop E-Gift Card. Armed with the e-gift card, they can purchase anything from laces to bra kits to rings & sliders on www.tailormadeshop.com. The E-Gift Card comes in denominations of $10, $25, $50, $100, and do not expire. The perfect all year round gift!