Welcome to the July 6th, 2018 Edition of Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Round Up!
I apologize for the lack of a roundup post last week–to make up for it, I have included news/makes/etc from the previous week as well to make this an extra long weekend roundup.
The Lingerie Sewing: Weekend Roundup is a curation of a few projects/ongoing events in the lingerie making community. It’s a quick catch up for you to enjoy over the weekend with a cup of coffee or tea. If you want to be part of the weekend roundup, shoot me an email at thetailormadeblog[@]gmail.com with links to your instagram, blog post, or just photos if you don’t have a blog and I’ll be sure to include your work!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Projects & Makes
- Novita is the featured seamstress of Studio Costura’s Lingerie Sewing Club this month and she made two gorgeous lacey bra and underwear sets. You can view the post here.
- Allie tackles the Berkeley Bra as her first underwire bra and you can find her beautiful first ever bra project here.
- Allie continues her bra-making journey with Berkeley Bras Number 2 and 3.
- Michelle sews up two lovely Watson Bras as gifts.
- Lauren constructs a fun Watson Bra & Bikini set using printed scuba fabric.
- Hannah just released a pattern hack for a lacey Darcey Bra. You can find part one, part two, and part three of the tutorial here.
- Bianca shows you how to sew up the Seamwork: Geneva Panties.
- The Fairy Bra Mother explains the Bra Sizing methods using Bottom Cup Depth (BCD).
- If you are new to sewing lingerie, this Lingerie Technical Glossary is a great way to learn lingerie sewing lingo. This fantastic resource was put together by Kimberly of Bra Tutor.
New Bra & Underwear Pattern: Madalynne x Simplicity 8711
Maddie just released her new lingerie pattern with Simplicity: the 8711. The pattern features a monowire bra as well as a pair of matching ruffles panties. You can grab the paper pattern here.
That’s it for this week! Have a great weekend everyone.